We are prayerfully seeking out an individual who will lead the people of New Hope together into worship. Although our understanding of worship is that of a lifestyle bowed down to the Lord, we value the expression of worship through music and creative arts.
We are searching for someone who is willing to follow the Holy Spirit’s lead with an ever-increasing hunger for God’s Presence both on and off the stage. They should also be one who is comfortable allowing the gifts of the Holy Spirit to operate in a Biblical and orderly way throughout worship services.
Our desire is not to find a “front-person” focused on musical performance, but someone who leads the worship team in such a cooperative way that the team members and service attendees become one voice focused not on any one person, but on Jesus.
Our current worship sets consist primarily of music from ministries such as Elevation Worship, Bethel Music, Hillsong United, and Influence Music, but we also include hymns from time-to-time depending on where the Lord is leading. Although these are starting points, we will often transition into times of spontaneous worship and would like to write our own music and develop our own sound.
This is a part-time, salary position. Our worship times currently consist of a Sunday morning service and a monthly night of worship and prayer. We meet one evening a week for rehearsal together and also run through the worship set prior to each service.
- Cooperate with the senior pastor in planning out services
- Prayerfully select music for upcoming services
- Effectively communicate with worship team members (we use the band app currently)
- Recruit and develop team members for vocals, musicians, audio equipment, and associated technology
- Budget and plan for equipment purchases/upgrades and licensing services; submitting these requests to the leadership team
- Be an active member of New Hope with a passion for our people, vision, and community
- Education in music or related field
- Ministry credentials preferred, but not required
- In agreement with our doctrine (16 Fundamental Truths)
- Living a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
- Experience leading worship
- Ability to play a lead instrument (guitar or keys)
- Working knowledge of audio equipment and digital projection system
- Able to provide high quality work with minimum supervision
To apply for this position, simply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org